Gordon Murray Initiative: Beyond the Illness
Through the Gordon Murray Initiative, UCSF has the opportunity to enhance the patient and family experience.
Beyond the Illness: Essential Support Resources for Patients, Families and Caregivers
The quality of UCSF’s scientific endeavors, which perpetually push boundaries, sets UCSF apart from other institutions. It is imperative that the same level of passion and resources are dedicated to supporting an individual patient, family and caregiver team.
Through the Gordon Murray Initiative, UCSF has the opportunity to enhance the patient and family experience by:
- Providing for a dedicated patient relations liaison to ease the anxieties that can accompany the care experience
- Creating a Family Advisory Panel to identify the most necessary and helpful programs
- Hiring additional staff (social workers, neuro-psychiatrists) to assist patients and caregivers with the psychological and pharmacological issues that arise
- Incorporating the work of the UCSF’s Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, capitalizing on engaging the patient's body, mind and spirit in the healing process
- Providing on-going training to UCSF faculty and staff to build open and strong patient- provider relationships, allowing comprehensive communication about expectations, opportunities and decision-making
Make A Gift
Make a gift online or checks payable to:
UCSF Foundation – Gordon Murray Initiative
PO Box 45339
SF, CA 94145-0339
For more information please contact:
Kevin McAteer, Executive Director of Development, Health Sciences
Sign up today to receive updates and invitations to events in support of the Gordon Murray Initiative. Email your name to: firstname.lastname@example.org.