Campaign for UCSF Medical Center
UCSF is constructing an extraordinary new clinical facility that will usher in the next generation of transformative, compassionate treatments and cures.
UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay is uniquely designed to meet the needs of children, women and cancer patients – setting a world-class standard for patient- and family-centered health care, safety, sustainability and translational medicine.
Opened on February 1, 2015, the complex is located directly across the street from the UCSF Mission Bay campus, home to one of the broadest concentrations of biomedical researchers in the world. In these hospitals, the unparalleled research of the Mission Bay laboratories will come to life.
The new hospitals feature advanced technologies, resources and design concepts – such as spacious rooms, natural light and outdoor gardens – that optimize the overarching care experience for patients and their loved ones. The combination of the best in clinical care with the best in health sciences research at this new facility will improve patients' lives and the practice of medicine in the Bay Area, nationally and around the world.
The UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay was built through the generous support of philanthropic partners who envision better health for people at home and well beyond. Your contributions allow us to discover more cures – and save more lives.
- Consistently ranked among the nation's top 10 hospitals by U.S News & World Report
- Serves more than one million patients each year through the medical center's network of hospitals and outpatient sites
- Designated by the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the only one in Northern California
- Home to Northern California's only nationally designated Center of Excellence in Women's Health
- Offers San Francisco's only Children's Hospital
"What we build today will have a lasting impact on the thousands of patients we serve, the economy of the Bay Area and the fulfillment of UCSF's mission of advancing health worldwide." - Mark Laret, UCSF Medical Center chief executive officer
For more information on supporting the Campaign for UCSF Medical Center, please contact Erin Hickey at email@example.com or 415/476-4647.