Benioff Children's Hospital
At UCSF, we have the chance of a lifetime to improve the health of children the world over.
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
The UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital is one of the nation's premier children's hospitals, known internationally for providing expert care and translating research findings into innovative treatments for infants still in the womb, babies and toddlers, school-age children and adolescents, and young adults. Our more than 150 specialists in more than 40 areas of medicine, along with our nurses and staff, provide excellent patient care, while our support programs and services are designed specifically for young patients.
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital at Mission Bay
We're opening a new hospital at UCSF Mission Bay designed just for children and their families - one where they'll find compassionate care at the healing edge of scientific discovery. The facility will enable physicians to use the most sophisticated technology to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from common ailments to complex diseases. At the same time, the environment will be family friendly and filled with warmth, light and color.
This new children's hospital is part of the $1.6 billion UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay that broke ground in 2010. To keep the extraordinary new UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital at Mission Bay moving forward, we need the generosity of visionary donors. With your support, we'll continue to raise the standard of excellence for children's health care around the world.
- Ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals in eight specialties by U.S. News & World Report, making it one of the top ranked facilities in California
- Performed the first open fetal surgery, and since then have conducted more fetal surgeries and endoscopic fetal interventions than any other facility
- Developed mechanical ventilation for babies with underdeveloped lungs that significantly improves their survival rates, as well as a magnetic resonance imaging crib that allows technicians to scan even the tiniest infants
- Created a cochlear implant device that allows deaf children to hear
- Cloned an insulin gene into bacteria, leading to the mass production of recombinant human insulin to treat diabetes - one of the most prevalent childhood diseases
For more information on supporting Benioff Children's Hospital at UCSF, please contact Marlene Penny at email@example.com or 415/476-6341.