Built in 1926 as a fraternity for dental students, UCSF Faculty-Alumni House became the campus-wide center for alumni on Founders Day, 1982. It also services the campus community as a rental facility with very reasonable rates and a helpful staff. The House is an excellent and versatile setting for all sorts of campus events. Its homey feel makes it a wonderful venue for parties and receptions.
Rental Form | AV & Equipment | Floor Plan
Food & Beverage Requirements | Reservation Information
Rental Rates | Student Groups & Non UCSF Groups
Alcoholic Beverage Request Form (please click on one of the following): Registered Clubs & Organizations / All Others
The UCSF Faculty/Alumni House is designed for official University of California events and for invited visitors and guests of the campus. Priority is given to university events that require catered receptions, luncheons, or dinners in the following order:
- Events sponsored by the Chancellor's Office
- Events sponsored by alumni organizations
- Events, receptions, luncheons, and dinners sponsored by campus academic and administrative departments
- Events involving all other UC campuses
Other requests will be honored when possible, using the reservation guidelines.
User Responsibilities/Maintenance of House
The user assumes responsibility for ensuring the House capacity is not exceeded and for leaving the rooms clean and orderly. Additional charges may be assessed for cleaning, damages, or missing items.
- Furniture may be rearranged with advance notice and the permission of the House Manager. The user needs to send a clear written explanation of setup and/or a diagram to the House Manager.
- The piano remains in the living room at all times.
- Because the House is located in a residential area, noise levels must be kept to a minimum. Amplified sound (other than a speaker's microphone and/or the Faculty-Alumni House sound system) cannot be accommodated.
- The fireplace cannot be used.
- All food, beverages, dishtowels, serving equipment, floral arrangements, etc. are to be removed at the conclusion of the event. Any items left for pickup at a later date/time are the responsibility of the user. The Faculty-Alumni House is not responsible for storing or securing any such items.
- No animals are permitted in the House with the exception of those used to assist disabled individuals.
- Neither smoking nor confetti is allowed inside the Faculty-Alumni House or courtyard.
- Map of UCSF Parnassus Campus (PDF)
- UCSF Pathway Locator
- Map to 745 Parnassus Avenue
Your assistance in maintaining the appearance of the House is appreciated. Failure of a group to uphold its responsibilities as described in this policy may result in forfeiture of eligibility for future use of the House.
Maps and Parking
The Millberry Union Public Garage, located at 500 Parnassus Avenue, offers parking at hourly and all-day rates. Public parking is also available at the Kirkham Street/Fifth Avenue lot behind the Dental Clinic Building. Parking fees are at a rate of $3.00 per hour up to a maximum of $24.00 per 24 hours. Both parking lots are open 24 hours a day. For more details, click here.
Please contact the Faculty-Alumni House with any questions at 415.476.4723 or FAH@ucsf.edu.